Pet Dental Care
Did you know that 85% of all pets over 3 years of age have periodontal disease?
Regular pet teeth cleaning is important to maintaining your pet's dental and overall health. Dental prophylaxis prevents bad breath, gum infections, tooth loss and serious heart, lung and kidney disease. We use a modern and safe ultrasound to clean each tooth thoroughly - above and below the gum line. Dental technicians polish teeth to create a smooth, lustrous tooth surface more resistant to plaque build-up. Fluoride treatments help strengthen enamel and reduce tooth sensitivity.
If necessary, referral for advanced dental care is available, including root canals, caps and braces.
Please take a look at some of our "Before"and "After" pictures of pet dental cleanings done in our hospital.
At-Home Pet Dental Care Tips
Pet teeth cleaning at home is very important when possible. Our technicians will be happy to demonstrate how to properly brush your pets teeth. If this is not feasible, we have other products like C.E.T. Dental Chews that most pets love!!!
- Don't use a human toothbrush- The brush is too hard and can cause damage to the gums.
- Do try using just a toothbrush without any toothpaste first to see if you pet will tolerate brushing. A finger toothbrush is often the easiest one to start with.
- Don't consider home dental care as an alternative to a full dental cleaning.
- Do try to brush your pet's teeth once daily.
Preventative Dental Health Products
Here is a complete list of the recommended products to help promote oral hygiene. All products are available for purchase at Central Houston Animal Hospital.
- Dental Treats - CET HEXTRA Chews (Petite, Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large)
- Dental Rinse - Cet Aquadent and Oral Hygiene Rinse
- Dental Diets - Hill T/D and Purina DH
- Brushes - CET Oral Hygiene Brush and Finger Brush
- Tooth Paste - CET Tooth Paste (Beef, Poultry, Vanilla Mint, Malt and Seafood)